Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Brevin left this morning complaining that his throat was hurting, and he didn't feel very good. I assured him that unless he was throwing up or had a fever, he had to get to school. I told him that if he continued to feel yucky he could call, and I'd come get him.

The day went on just fine. I had a Beaverton School District Clothes Closet volunteering assignment, so I took the boys to Tonya's and headed for the district offices. When I arrived, Trinka was there with one other woman that I knew. Trinka started to say that she almost called me to tell me not to come. I told her that I usually volunteer at the elementary school at that time, so if they weren't too busy, could I be excused. She said I could, so I left and went to Brevin's classroom. His teacher said, "Did you see Brevin in the office?" I headed back to the office, and there he was.

This was great because I would have been at the Clothes Closet for another hour, and my cell phone wasn't charged. I was glad I'd followed the prompting to go to the elementary school, or he would have been waiting there for a long time. Either that or Zan would have had to leave work to go get him.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...