Monday, April 14, 2008

Demented

Well, Christy pulled me out of a jam again. As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I had allowed my license to lapse. I contacted Christy last night, and she agreed to drive me over to the DMV this morning. Quinlan babysat both groups of kids, so we could go. She's such a great help. While we were out, we also returned some library books and Zan's and my costumes from the party. I was surprised at how fast and organized the DMV was. It wasn't that way eight years ago when I had this done last. As I stood there, waiting for the blast of the flash as they took my new license photo, I pondered on the age-old question--to smile or not to smile. I chose to kind of in-between it. When you ponder this in the future, I recommend against that choice.

Since the costume shop didn't open until 11, we were so quick at the DMV, and we knew Christy's son Seth had just been laid down for his morning nap, we thought it best that we do something to kill the time until the costume shop opened. We decided to grab a quick brunch at Tom's Pancake House. We had crepes--marionberry for me, raspberry for Christy; we finished, returned the costumes, and got ourselves back to the madhouse.

When I walked in, Quinlan inquired as to my new license. I took the new, temporary license out of my wallet and handed it to her. Her response was classic, "Mom," she said as sweetly as she could, "You look...demented." Ugh! Well, at least I got a yummy breakfast out of the morning. I hope that memory lasts as long as the eight years I have to live with the demented license photo. Please, don't ask to check my I.D.

1 comments:

Tonya said...

Tell Quinlan that demented people are cool! She cracks me up:0) I'll show you my picture if you'll show me yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...