Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Preschool - Day 1 of 4

I taught preschool today for Aedan and his five good buddies and will this week and next on Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 to noon.
They're a sweet little group of boys and they really seem to enjoy one another's company. I found them all sitting in a circle playing together during "free play time" today. When it came time to clean up, I went to the toy closet to help them get stuff put away, and they were each so funny, saying, "Please put this somewhere where I can find it when we play later." They each seemed to have their own character they were playing. I could only find so many special places to put things, but they weren't around when I put other's things away, so they all thought their place was special.
This first week, we're learning about flowers. Next week is bugs--I know, lucky me. With flowers, today we learned about Hawaii because May 1st is what's called Lei Day in Hawaii, or so the curriculum said. I showed them Hawaii on a map and we talked about ukelele's and the hula. We then made hula puppets. They're also learning about the number 8, pink, black, and ovals.
For snack we had popcorn. Notice how Teagen thinks he's one of the guys. They kept saying "boom boom" to him, which in Teagenese means, "high five."
Aedan's buddy Eli stayed after school for quite awhile. Aedan just loves him. They are good buddies. It's nice to have groups of such nice kids for my kids to hang out with.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...