Saturday, September 20, 2008

AhGot

For the past week or so, T has been saying, "Ahgot." At this point, I had just figured out that "Aitoko," which made me think that my brillliant child was speaking Japanese, was "motorcycle" as he pointed one out to me, but this new word had me totally baffled. He couldn't seem to point it out.


Yesterday, he started in again saying it over and over as we walked home from dropping the kids at school. Try as I might, there was just no interpretation for this word.

Until today. G, A, T and I were walking back from dropping the kids and a VW beetle drove by. T suddenly chimed in with "Ahgot." I, at the same time, said, "Slug bug. I call it." The kids play this game frequently. They call out Mini Coopers, Hummers, and beetles, so it's not an uncommon thing to hear as we drive around. Right after I said 'I call it," T called out again with, "Ahgot!" This was it.

As today progressed, I would, from time to time, for no apparent reason, hear T say, "Uh bug! Ahgot!" Wow! The things they catch onto. He just wanted to be part of the game.

3 comments:

Heidi A. said...

That was so cute!!! :) Those are the things of life that touch the heart! :)

Welcome to our new LIST - mormonmomswhoblog.blogspot.com

If you get a chance -- and feel okay about it -- we'd love for you to add us to your link list. Hopefully we can all inter-mingle and support each other!

Have a good weekend!

Darilyn said...

how cute. I love hearing little ones figure out words.

Alyson said...

So darn adorable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...