Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Past Week

It's been a very full and fun week. Here are some of the highlights:



The photos themselves and the captions pretty much say it all, but I thought I'd add some commentary of my own.

I witnessed a small fender bender this past week. I left those photos off (kind of boring). But, I did learn the value of carrying a camera. The guy who did it denied it even though two of us saw it happen. He said he'd lose his license if anyone found out. Ugh!

Soccer games started yesterday. Brevin and Dierden both played goalie for part of their games. DJ was happy to report that she didn't let any balls get past her. She's such a funny mix of girly-girl and fearless tomboy.

This was the week of the Life-sized game of Life. It was fun! It was also a lot of work. I spent an entire day getting all the finishing touches on it. Thank goodness school is in. Teagen also took a very long nap that day.

Teagen has become quite the little adventurer. He helped me make cookies on Friday. He picked up the teaspoon measure and put it in his mouth. He quickly learned that baking soda doesn't taste very good. He learned that about vanilla too. I love it when lessons teach themselves. He has also learned that he can pull chairs over to the counters, where the chocolate chips are kept (oh so very yummy), and that if you open the backdoor and not the screen, it can be quite uncomfy when you go out and then close the door again. Hmm.

There is a great tree in the forest we get to walk through on our way to school. It's shaped like an "L." Just right for sitting or standing on. We call it the "bendy" tree. Funny thing is the word "benri" (pronounced a lot like "bendy") is the Japanese word for convenient. This tree is both of these things. It is frequently the meeting place if someone lags behind. You can tell from Aedan and Brevin in the slideshow, just who the slow poke was on the first day of school.

Aedan gets to spend every day of the week with his best bud. Life just doesn't get much better than that. He and Eli go to church together on Sunday, are in the same class together at school Monday through Friday and get to be on the same soccer team on Saturday. Wow! They even look a little alike. Nothing like those friends Heavenly Father blesses your life with.

It has been a blessed week. This coming week consists of lots of soccer, a couple of doctors appointments, Girl Scouts and Activity Days, Cub Scouts, Enrichment, Back to School night, and a final for my current class, so needless to say there will be lots of studying going on.

I haven't decided which class to take next. BYU was supposed to send me some info, which would affect this decision, but it hasn't arrived yet. It will either be Family Processes or Statistics. Family Processes sounds so much easier. Maybe that's the route I'll take, but if I do, I'm afraid I'll have all of my hard classes piled together here at the end. Hmm. What to do?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...