Friday, September 12, 2008

Doctor's Appointment

There's something I've really missed since my mom's been gone--that's nine and a half years now. It's that she used to be concerned and check in on me about things. She used to be really interested in my goings on. Not to sound pathetic, but I've missed having someone who cared like that--kind of marked me on their mental calendar or something. I have one or two really good friends in my ward who watch out for me, and that's a huge blessing! And somehow that's just different.

I've been very touched by those of you who have emailed me wondering how my doctor's appointment went. That you even remembered when it was, that means a lot to me. More than I can say. Thank you for being concerned for me.

First of all, I want to say, I haven't had any problems with it since the night before I wrote. I tried Heidi's remedy (always one arm down), and it seemed to work beautifully. Thank you to all of you who commiserated and offered solutions. Nice to know I wasn't alone.

So, I try very hard not to go into the doctor showing that I've self-diagnosed, so I went in with "just the facts."

She came up with everything that you all presented. Could be sleep apnea and could be panic attacks. To help be more conclusive, she asked that Zan watch me sleep some night to see if I stop breathing. She proposed that it be a weekend, so maybe tonight we'll find out. I really do think it was more of a panic attack thing. I was stressing a little bit more than normal that evening. I finally woke at about 1:30am and talked it all over with Zan. But, in hindsight that's all I could equate it with.

So, for now, no answer. Having not had any more problems, I'm not all that worried any more. Having good friends, I know I'm in good hands. Thanks again for watching out for me and helping bear my burdens.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Sorry you are struggling with this. Hope you don't have any more problems with it and sleep like a baby.

Anonymous said...

goodness...i know how it feels. Without enough sleep I am like a walking zombie and i can feel my heart skipping beats throughout the day, as well..... not a good feeling!!!

by the way...i noticed that you are linked to my Diet Divas website :) I hope you like it and if you would like to join, just let me know on my regular website..

merrianne.blogspot.com

Rory Baxter said...

glad to know that things are going better for now. Hope that you are able to figure things out and find ways to help if there is a next time.
Sleep is a precious thing - esp with extra little people always needing us - hope you continue to have restful nights and that things continue to get better for you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...