Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Isaiah...A Meager Pondering

I really struggle with the Isaiah chapters of the Book of Mormon. I try very hard to glean something out of them because I know the Book of Mormon was written for our day, and a lot that Isaiah says is just plain scary if these things will come to pass again.

This morning, I found this scripture:

"Shall the ax boast itself against him that heweth therewith? Shall the saw magnify itself against him that shaketh it? As if the rod should shake itself against them that lift it up, or as if the staff should lift up itself as if it were no wood!" (2 Nephi 20:15)

As I was searching for help in understanding what I was reading in these chapters, Google, or should I say Heavenly Father, led me to this website.

Here was their commentary in regard to this verse:

"One of the greatest sins that a servant of the Lord can commit is the sin of ingratitude. This sin encompasses a spiritual blindness to the works of the Lord. In the latter days, the Lord has eloquently expressed this concept, ‘And in nothing doth man offend God, or against none is his wrath kindled, save those who confess not his hand in all things, and obey not his commandments’" (DC 59:21).

So, all this considered, what are you grateful for today?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah...i still am grateful ♥

Isaiah is Fascinating...isn't he?

Confusing...but Fascinating!!!

Tonya said...

I have just become your follower and for that I am grateful:0) Ha! Ha! I just posted a grateful blog so check there and other things I am grateful for this day are The Word of Wisdom(we had a great FHE lesson about it last night). My responsibility to raise my kids, my sweet hubby,& the sun that came out today.

vaxhacker said...

That's a nice resource for gospel study! I'll have to bookmark that.
Thanks!

Darilyn said...

Fall
My husband having a good job
well behaved children (most days)
sunny days
family

awesome said...

I love reading the scriptures in a non-traditional format (ie...as a poem, paragraph...)... I totally got the samemessage from those words of scripture while reading off your blog.

I need to learn how to do this blogging thing! Too fun!
love, Jo Tapasa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...