Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Tribute to Dave

Today is my brother's birthday. In honor of this, here is a short slide show of mostly recent photos.





David
Father of Ashton, Isaac, Jacob
Who needs an electric guitar, a storm trooper uniform, peace
Who loves his family, his music, serving others
Who sees the need for peace, the deeper meaning in things, through a storm trooper mask
Who hates contention, change, disharmony
Who fears illness, life without his family, lack of music
Who dreams of being with his family forever, playing his guitar 24/7, knowing all of life's mysteries
Resident of Scappoose, Oregon
Hamm

When I was a kid, David and Matt were my playmates. Dave could always be counted on to have peace around him. He was constant. As an adult, this seems to continue. It's just part of who he is.

Dave picked up the electric guitar when we were kids. I've never asked him what brought him to this, but he was a natural. He never had lessons but played all the time--much to the consternation of our elderly nextdoor neighbors. He has played in a number of bands from alternative to rock-a-billy.

David is probably the most loyal person I know.

Dave, I wish you a very happy birthday! I love you!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...