Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Babes

Tonight at dinner, Quinlan is explaining one of her new teachers to us. She says, "I swear she has ADHD..." To which I reply, "Well, you should be used to that because of me." I was laughing because I really am not ADHD (I'm just easily distracted), but it's a running thing in our family.


Aedan chimes in with, "She's female." I suddenly look up from my food not believing that those words just came out of my five (oh yah, and a half--that part is really important) year old's mouth. Zan high-fives him across the table.

He follows up a few seconds later with, "Well, she said 'she,' so she's a female." Said very innocently.

After he says this, we all have a good laugh while little Teagen gets up from his chair, heads to the head of the table and high-fives his dad.

Will any woman in her right mind ever want to marry any of my sons? Sheesh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAhahahaha.. I don't know Julie, I'm kind of with the guys on this one (although it goes against my very nature) ((shamelessly walks over to Zan for a high five)) ;) And I'm awaiting those lucky girls who get to marry my adorable cousins! heehee

Tonya said...

That is funny! I don't think Eli even knows that a she is a female. You have one smart cookie on your hands. I'm sure the ladies will be knocking the doors down to get to your boys. Good boys from a good family, what more could a girl ask for?

vaxhacker said...

Priceless :) At least my kids know which parent they get their ADHD from :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...