Sunday, September 14, 2008

This Week's Photos



Here's my little rundown of the week.

I decided that Zan's not getting his face in front of my camera enough, so he'll be appearing a bit more often now.

Teagen spent quite a bit of time in a hospital gown this week with a doctor's appointment on Monday and a trip to the E.R. on Wednesday.

Quinlan had a game against Central Catholic on Monday afternoon. They tied 4-4, but Aloha played beautifully and there was one goal that the ref didnt' count. I swear it was in.

The strangest thing about this game I caught in a few photos. I had to drop Brevin off at his practice, so I arrived a few minutes late. As I approached the field after parking the car, I saw Zan with his orange whistle in his mouth (the one he uses occasionally at school). He was out REFING the game?!! I guess the ref hadn't arrived and they were 15 minutes late starting the game, so Quinlan's coach, who is actually a teacher at Zan's school, approached Zan and asked if he'd ref. When I got to where the other parents were sitting, a few women turned to me and said, "Your husband wants you to go get him some appropriate clothes for refing." I got in the car and returned home to get a duffle full of clothes for him. All I could think as I was doing this was, "Thank goodness for the experience the church gives us."

When I arrived back at the game, the official ref had arrived, so Zan was off the hook.

Tuesday night I went in to check on the little boys nad foun Teagen had climbed out of his bed and went over to snuggle in with his brother. Such cute little guys. They sure like each other.

Wednesday morning, we received some hand-me-downs from a family in our ward. Aedan and Teagen went through the bag. That's when "Elder Hess" arrived at our home. There was a suit in the bag that Aedan just LOVED. Only problem was that it was just a bit too big for him. It fit Brevin like a glove. So, Brevin was told that he had to take perfect care of it, so that Aedan would get the chance to inherit it here in the next few months or so.

Teagen found a shirt with a skull and crossbones on it, so that was perfect for him, he thought.

Anyway, Elder Hess remained at our home all morning, and that was what I was required to call him if I needed him to do anything.

Wednesday was the day of the grunting boy and the day the nebulizer was pulled out of retirement. It was also the day of the E.R. visit.

Quinlan, Teagen and I went to Dierden's game. It was so fun and exciting. Dierden had some great plays. She was goalie for most of the first half and didn't let a ball in. There was one point where the other team was bringing the ball up the field toward the goal. Right as they got to the box, Dierden ran out of the goal, snagged the ball from all the girls that were chasing it and booted it halfway down the field. Our team's forwards were right there. They got the ball, took it down the field to the other team's goal, while the rest of that team were trying to catch up, and we scored. It was BEAUTIFUL!

Dierden also scored a goal.

Aedan scored a few times at his game as well. He played against Jared, a little boy whose sister has been on Dierden's team a few times in the past few years. It was funny because at one point during the game, as they were playing against each other, Jared grabbed Aedan as if to hug him. When the sisters were on the same team, Aedan and Jared would go off and play together at the playground where the practices were being held. Sad that they now play against each other, but maybe someday, they'll be on a team together too.

Zan and I went on our date on Saturday afternoon. We went to Original Thai in the old part of Beaverton. It was very nice. The food was good. The Beaverton Days Parade (or whatever it's called had just ended, but there were still some festivities going on down the street.

After lunch, we went to a few other shops in that neighborhood and then went and rented a "August Rush." I've been wanting to see that movie for a long time. I loved it!

My younger brother Matthew arrived Saturday afternoon with his family. He came for his 20 year high school reunion. The kids stayed with us while Matt and Janelle went. They all spent the night. It was so great getting to spend time with them all. I learned a lot as we talked. This is stuff I will blog about in another post.

1 comments:

Tonya said...

You are soooo busy! I'm so glad that Teagen is feeling beter and I will have to check out that thai restaurant soon. Thai is my favorite by far!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...