Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Looking Forward to Tomorrow


Last week, before going grocery shopping, I had a little chat with Tonya on the phone. She asked me if I had spoken to a relatively new sister in our ward. I told her I sat next to her in Gospel Doctrine on Sunday, but we had only chatted briefly. She told me that this woman was AMAZING when it came to grocery shopping. She's a MAJOR coupon user. She encouraged me to call her, so I did.


Tomorrow I get to go over to this sister's house and learn her skills. I'm SOOO excited to do this! I can't wait to learn how to save money. Last week, since I had just spoken to her and knew such a thing was possible, it was a total drag to go to the grocery store knowing I would be spending more than I should. So, Thursday, when I go shopping this week, I'm hoping it will be a different ballgame.


By the way, I did use the coupons I had on hand last week, and I spent $88 and saved $72, so that was pretty good, I thought. I can't wait for it to be better.

5 comments:

vaxhacker said...

Okay, so it was a weird coincidence but when I loaded up your blog page just now, I saw the picture of the guy holding all that money with dollar signs in his eyes... and the song your random playlist widget came up with at that moment was "If I Had a Million Dollars".

I had to chuckle at that.

Anonymous said...

WOOO HOOO!!! AND AFTER YOU LEARN THOSE MONEY SAVING SKILLS...PLEASE SHARE THEM WITH ME :)

Darilyn said...

We just started a new RS group in our ward (which I'm over) and it is cooking and preparedness. In our first meeting last week we made a list of everything we wanted to learn this year. This is one of those topics. I need to get her name so I can see if she would be willing to be a guest presenter at one of our monthly meetings. By the way, anyway is welcome to this. It will be the 2nd Thursday of every month at 9:30 a.m. Next month we are at the Bell's home and learning about different squashes and how to make homemade pumpkin pie straight from the pumpkin.

Woo, that was a long comment.

Tonya said...

I'm so glad you called her. Will you convince me that it won't be too time consuming to find and clip all those coupons. You are sounding way more motivated to learn her tricks than I am, but I do want to save all that money. Who wouldn't?

The Garver Family said...

How totally funny that I managed to get your blog information and realize that you were talking about me! Cracks me up. I feel I didn't get to go over everything I would have liked so we'll have to plan another little class. I hope what you did get to learn was worth your time and that in some small way I can help you save money. :) Thanks for being so great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...