Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dinner's On...Already

Since soccer season started,...let's see...that was....August, I have been a total slacker when it comes to getting dinner on the table. Some days we've taken picnic dinner with us. Some days we've had sandwiches or soup as we've run out the door. Some days we've picked up pizza or Taco Bell. And some days, we've just eaten after (that can be super late some nights). But today...yes today, when soccer season is more than halfway over, I have it TOGETHER!

I know...shocking!

I made dinner while I was getting A his lunch. T got up at 5:30am, so he's down for a nap for a little bit longer here. Here's what's for dinner in the Madhouse:


Pam's (my sister-in-law's) Teriyaki Chicken

In a crockpot, I put boneless, skinless chicken breasts, some minced garlic, 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of low-sodium soy sauce, and 1 cup of water.

I set the crockpot on low for about 6 hours.

In my rice cooker, I put 2 cups of long grain brown rice (I have finally won my family over to brown rice from white), and 3 cups of water. It waits in the rice cooker until dinner's ready.

***

Pam also adds fresh minced ginger to it sometimes too. Makes it really yummy. I just never have that on hand. Oh, I have also seen this made with 7-up (you leave out the sugar and the water and just throw in soy sauce and 7-up). Never tried it myself, but I've had it before.

With this I will serve corn and probably some cut up apples.

Much too sane for the Madhouse.

3 comments:

The Garver Family said...

Way to go! I love it when things just work out like that. Sounds good too! :)

Darilyn said...

That does sound good. I know what you mean about getting dinner. Some days I have the best intentions and it still doesn't happen.

Tonya said...

God job getting dinner on the table. It is so hard on those busy nights! You do sound like you've gotten it together. Dinner sounds fairly easy, healthy and yummy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...