Thursday, November 20, 2008

Holiday Tag

Thanks to Patti for this new idea.

1.Eggnog or Hot Chocolate: Both. Eggnog just makes me feel guilty because of the fat content, but I do endulge from time to time--love it!
2.Does Santa wrap presents or set them under the tree? wrapped.
3.Colored or white lights on tree and house? white tree, colored house if we get them up.
4.Do you hang mistletoe? Sometimes Z brings it home, but that's only happened once or twice.
5.When do you put your decorations up? Any time after Thanksgiving
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Stuffing
7.Favorite holiday memory as a child: When I was about eleven, my mom felt terrible that she hadn't gotten me a doll. I hadn't asked for one, but she felt strongly that I needed a new doll for Christmas. She took me up in the attic on Christmas afternoon, and we searched through my sister's old dolls (from back in the '50s), and she gave me one. It had great clothes too.
8.When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What about Santa? Just kidding, my brother told me. I was devastated.
9.Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes. We have a gift exchange with the in-laws. We pen those presents the night before.
10.How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Z puts the lights on and the kids decorate it. I always ended up decorating the tree alone as a child, so I don't love doing it now. I let them enjoy it.
11.Snow. Love it? or Dread it? Love, love, LOVE it!
12.Can you ice skate? If I get warmed up.
13.Do you remember your favorite gift? That's a toughie. I think it was back when I was about 9. I wanted a Barbie dreamhouse, but we couldn't afford it. My parents got me a Barbie Boutique instead. I LOVED it!
14.What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending lots of time with my family.
15.What is your favorite holiday dessert? pumpkin pie topped w/real whipped cream
16.What is your favorite holiday tradition? Spending the night at my in-laws
17.What tops your tree? A white angel
18.Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I'm a bit embarrassed to receive--never sure if I'm responding correctly. I love to give especially when I know it's just the right thing.
19.What is your favorite Christmas song? "The Sheherd's Carol" and Amy Grant's "Breath of Heaven"
20.Candy Canes? Yuck or Yum? Yuck. Only in hot chocolate.

Here's a beautiful Christmas video for you. This is an LDS video that just happens to go perfectly with "Breath of Heaven." I showed this in YW last year for Christmas. Hope you enjoy it!


Now, consider yourself tagged. Let's see what your Christmas is like.

6 comments:

Vylat said...

Hello there!
Enjoyed the Nativity video today. PlantBuddy has tagged you on her blog. So drop by and enjoy this tagging game.

Jen said...

Love this video! The music is inspiring. Thanks for sharing. I learned some fun and cute things about you...like digging for a doll in your mom's attic. That is precious. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I love the video--I played for my YW too, when we lived in South Carolina. It was the Christmas after I had Jake--it is a miracle I made it through the lesson with all the tears. What a fun tag.

vaxhacker said...

Thanks for this! It gave me something to do while multitasking during a looooooooong business meeting at work :)

MERRIANNE said...

great tag!!!!! i have never heard the song by Amy Grant...i will have to check that out :)

and you spend the night at your in-law's!?!!?!? wow!!!!!

Darilyn said...

I really liked this and seeing how you spend Christmas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...