Friday, November 14, 2008

Lifetime!!! - I did it, Megan!

I've been tightening my belt pretty tight these past two weeks. I've learned that this isn't such a good idea. It makes me feel like I've gained weight and then I feel insecure when I go in to weigh in. No matter how well I eat and watch my intake, I still feel like I've gained.

Tonight I was so unsure that I asked if I could use the scale at the doctor's office when I took B in for his appointment. I was given the green light, so when no one was looking, I stepped on. I was very happy with the numbers. I had lost weight this past week--miraculous--especially considering the shrimp thingy I indulged in yesterday.

I decided that I was going to give myself a break tomorrow morning and let myself sleep in, so I drove straight over and hit the 5:15 meeting. I had made lifetime.

What this means for anyone who hasn't participated in Weight Watchers before, is that you set a goal and once you hit that goal, you must stay within two pounds of that weight for six weeks. Today was the sixth week for me. I now can stop paying for Weight Watchers. I have to weigh in once a month to keep current, and if I'm within that two pounds, I don't have to pay ever again. If I fall outside of that goal, I will have to pay for one meeting--this is somewhere around $12. Once I get back into the goal, I stop paying again. At least this is how I understand it to be. The woman who weighed me tonight didn't give me my booklet, so I'm going off what I've read on the Weight Watchers website.

If I could take a photo of myself without tossing it, I'd show you here, but you'll have to take my word for it. I just can't stand to see myself in pictures. I lost a total of 24.6 pounds and started back on May 3rd.

13 comments:

Rebecca Irvine said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That is awesome. I am 8 pounds away from meeting goal at WW. I am hoping it won't take too much longer.

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

WOOOOOHOOOOOO! YEA! You are awesome Julie! Look at you- you set a goal, that wasn't easy(I should know), and you worked at it and here you are! You look great and you are a great example to your family and friends. I will definately have some work to do after the baby is born, but will be happy to go with you again at least once a month! YAHHHHOOOO! Now- ask Zan to take your picture in your most flattering outfit(or splurg and buy a new one!) and remember this always!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for you! Give yourself a pat on the back, and way to go for taking time for yourself. That is the hardest thing for me to do sometimes, but in the end I am a better wife and mom! And I totally agree with Megan--go buy yourself something fantastic for all your hard work.

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Hi there! Thanks so much for your comment...grrr to the financial crap lately, the whole country eh? And the thing is my husband has an awesome new job and we are loving our new town (Go Oregonians!)...so really I'm more grateful for the good things than(I'm SO cheap!)

vaxhacker said...

WOO! Congratulations! That's awesome.

When I started WW I had a few people kindly remind me that "these programs never work, so don't get your hopes up". Well, here's to proving them wrong!

I'm still far enough away I'm not even sure what my Lifetime goal is, for sure, although I probably ought to start looking at setting that now, because I need to transition from "oh, please, in the name of all that's sacred just lose everything possible before I die" mode to "here's how far I have to my goal" mode.

Anonymous said...

Julie, that's INCREDIBLE! I'm sooo proud of you. I've never done weight watchers, but I heard it's thee best way to go. You go girl!

Hesses Madhouse said...

Thanks everybody! So far so good, Steve! Don't listen to any of them.

Becky ~ keep it up. I'd heard a lot about how hard it was to lose those last few pounds, but I didn't find it that way. I just didn't focus too much on the negatives and just kept trying to control myself and follow the guidelines. I always found that fast Sunday weeks were my best for losing. Hmmm.

Megan and Danielle ~ I'm totally going to go out and buy something really nice. I only like to shop when I'm feeling thin, so this could be an interesting trip since I haven't felt this skinny since before baby #1. Anybody want to go shopping with me?

Jan said...

Admirable Julie. Way to not roll.

Darilyn said...

I"m so proud of you Julie. Way to go!

Jeannie said...

GREAT JOB JULIE!! I am so proud of you!! And about the pictures, you look great in every picture I have seen you in!!
Have fun shopping Mrs. Skinny!!!!

Oh and thank you for the chocolate bar!!

Love you tons!!!

P.S. dang it, now I'm not in your class. :(

Rachel said...

Good for you Julie! I would love to come and go shopping with you, but alas, it is not meant to be. Maybe my goal should be to reach my goal before next summer so I can come out and we can shop together!

Alyson said...

I came online specifically to email or IM you and ask you about this. Congratulations! You are awesome for LIFE now! :D

The Shabby Princess said...

Congratulations!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...