Friday, November 21, 2008

Jiffy Lube Saga Continues

You're not going to believe this.


My car started making a grinding sound from time to time on the right hand front side--sounded like brakes, but I'd just had those replaced back in early September, so I was pretty sure that wasn't it. I had a great mechanic take care of them for me that I completely trust. I think that says a lot coming from a mechanic's daughter.

This morning, I decided that enough was enough, so I called Zan and asked him to meet me at the mechanics and took the car to have the right front brakes checked. The guy popped off the tire and saw nothing that could be wrong. The brakes looked great and everything at first inspection looked just fine. All of a sudden, he called his buddy over and said, "Hey, look at this caliper and tell me what's wrong with this."

His co-worker responded with, "Well, look at that, the bolt is missing." We checked to see if it was sheared off somehow, but no, it had fallen out or had been removed. (Note: this photo is not of my car, but the caliper is the red thing).

I started thinking back to when the sound started. It was the afternoon after I'd had Jiffy Lube change my oil. I had run some errands and was rounding the last curve in my neighborhood. From that point on, it would come and go.

I know these are fairly strong allegations, and there is no way I can prove it. But, there was no doubt that those men who were working on my car that day were unhappy with me, and after hearing everyone else's complaints about Jiffy Lube, it really raises some suspicions. I will not be returning to Jiffy Lube. Z's car now sports an Oil Can Henry's sticker inside the front windshield.

4 comments:

vaxhacker said...

Did that cause any actual damage or do you just need to replace the bolt?

I doubt it would be worth trying to make any allegation stick against JL but dang... good riddance to them in my opinion. I have always been pleased with OCH myself.

Jen said...

WOW-sa! That's amazing. I wouldn't go back either! I hope it didn't do major damage. Have a great weekend Jules.

Rachel said...

That's crazy!Good thing you went to a mechanic:)

Krissy said...

We learned a long time ago to never go to Jiffy Lube. Always heard bad things about them and people's cars being even worse off than before they went in once they came out. Glad that it all came out okay though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...