Sunday, November 2, 2008

Just Sittin' Here Eatin' Milky Way Bars


I'm afraid this is going to be another blithering session for me.

I started getting the cold a couple days ago that half of my household has had for the past couple weeks. It's pretty miserable. I have no voice. I'm dizzy when I stand up. So, you know what that means--bed. No church. T also had the green runny nose, so he's home sleeping, and DJ is here being our nurse. She does a great job of it.

When I went in to Weight Watchers yesterday, I had lost three pounds. This is great news because it means that with the maintenance program I'm doing now, I can't afford to lose any more than .8 pounds this week, or I'll be over the limit. I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I don't really want to find out. Right now, I can be two pounds over or under my goal weight, and that's it. So, thus the reason for the Milky Way bars. I really have no appetite, and they don't even really taste that good to me right now, and they kind of hurt my throat going down. I know, poor me.

I'm thinking somebody needs to start a blog on doing service as a family--where everyone can share ideas and failures or successes. Does anyone know if such a blog exists? I read a blog on which someone reviewed a book by Merilee Boyack called, "52 Weeks of Fun Family Service," and I'm intrigued. I haven't read this book, but I'm very interested in getting my kids more involved in serving others. I think it's important, in this world we live in, that kids learn selflessness and manners. Maybe a blog parade about this topic would be worthwhile. Any thoughts, anyone?
Okay, so enough blithering for today. Hope you're having a great one!

6 comments:

Niki Jolene said...

Ummm, I wish I was in danger of losing too much weight..LOL!

:)

The Garver Family said...

I agree with your frugal friend....but to add a suggestion to your family service...ever heard of DDD? Ding Dong Ditch? That's a great service for family and the kids have a blast doing it. You leave something that a family needs or just a treat and then have your kids ring the doorbell and run like someone is chasing them! It's so much fun.

Crazymamaof6 said...

i'm sick too. darn it.dang cold.

yummy milky way!

Jeannie said...

Hey Julie.

I hope you get better soon! If you need anything, have Quinlan call me! I will be happy to help!!!

Love ya!

Rachel said...

Sorry you are feeling lousy-- wish I was there to hug you and bring a treat. =)
Maybe you can pass on your extra pounds that you aren't supposed to lose to me LOL! I could use the boost, or rather, the loss.
Miss you!

Alyson said...

*hugs you and tucks you into bed with a mug of hot soup*

I hope you're feeling better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...