Saturday, November 22, 2008

Oh NO! Not the Pie! Anything but the PIE!


I really want to blog everyday, but somedays there's just nothing to talk about. So, for today, all I have to say is I LOVE pumpkin pie!!!

We are trying really hard to be frugal and stay within budget and just plain be good, but we went to Costco today. I told Z as we arrived that we needed to abide by the budget we'd set, so we did really well until we got to the bakery and the refrigerated case there. Sighhhhhh. Those pies just called to me. Z started to pick one up, and I said no, but he said, "Look. They're only $5.99. What's your time worth?" I replied with, "Yah, but my crust is better." Then he placed it in the cart. That's all she wrote. We not only left with one pie, we left with TWO.

They're in our extra fridge in the garage. Out of sight out of mind is a great thing unless pumpkin pie is involved. That pie is so going to be sitting right in front of my face in about three minutes here, and I can't wait. I'm salivating just thinking about it.

8 comments:

Jeannie said...

Pumpkin pie is my favorite too, and so is cherry so I know how you feel when you see a pie. I was in the store craving one, and we also came home with one!!:)

Darilyn said...

Costco's pumpkin pies are fantastic. Such a great deal too. I'm glad you got it.

vaxhacker said...

Aaah, yes. mmmm. It'll be interesting to see how I make it through Thanksgiving and Christmas with my diet intact.

Maybe just a small slice... maybe a little more...

Patty B. said...

Another fan of pumpkin pie, yay! I could eat a whole one myself! If it were french silk pie, or a chocolate pudding pie, I'd be all over IT, too! Enjoy every last bite! You deserve it!

MERRIANNE said...

i only eat pumpkin pie during the holiday season.... and i am SOOOOO in the mood for it right now!!!!!!

Jen said...

I'm a sucker for pie Pie PIE! And you are making my mouth salivate by posting these delish picture!

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

Not so much pumpkin pie for me-- but keep me away from the pecan. Mmmm.. I am making one to make sure we have one at TGDinner. :o>

Enjoy yourself this weekend. Just get your exercise in! Remember- life is not diet- we can splurge on these holidays(Darn, why do there have to be these two big ones right in a row? And it doesn't seem to stop in the middle- its from Thanksgiving to Christmas I graze...), but now you can be smart about it- get your activity points in, work on your portion control, eat every single extra point you possibly can... JUST ENJOY YOURSELF!

Alyson said...

I was just in Costco today for my quarterly visit. Nah, I don't go like once a quarter on purpose or anything, it's just that I live 60 miles away from the nearest one but B works 2 miles away so he does all the Costco runs. It took almost all my strength to walk away from the pies. I have everything to make my pumpkin pies, but I wanted instant gratification of course. I'll dig into it now, thanks! And the pecan pie almost didn't get passed over, even though it's $10. Eep. The only thing that kept me away is knowing that I'd eat at least half of it myself. Decided I didn't need that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...