Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Striking a Balance

Yesterday was the most amazing day! By the time Z got home, the house was fairly orderly (you should have seen it the days before), dinner was on the table, all the kids were helping with various chores around the house, and I was feeling good. You could tell by Z's whole demeanor that he was happy to be home.

It just so happened that the missionaries dropped by as we were starting Family Home Evening, and it was nice that they could walk in, and I could feel happy about what they were walking in to.


If only I could copy and paste yesterday.



I've been reading "Confessions of an Organized Homemaker," which I saw recommended by a couple other bloggers. It's been a good reawakening for me. I'm not even 1/3 of the way through the book, but I'm bound and determined to get my house in order. No matter who is against me--not this boy:
























I've been tagged a few times, and I need to get to those. I also have an award that I started to blog about (yeah! Thanks!), but I haven't gotten to that yet either. It'll all happen just not yet. Let me get a grip on life first, and I'll be back in full force.

5 comments:

Rory Baxter said...

Jules,

You just concentrate on taking care of YOU and your sweet family. The other things will take care of themselves and it sounds like you have great helpers in your wonderful kids and husband.

Know that you are thought about, worried about and loved tons!

Shauna said...

I agree with Rory! That care of you!
♥ Hugs!

Jen said...

I'll have to check out the book! Thanks for the heads up. That's awesome you are getting so organized!

Mamarazzi said...

"If only I could copy and paste yesterday" best quote of the day.

i often feel that way. just focus on the good days, don't beat yourself up when things aren't perfect.

and you get extra points for having FHE this week...you are already ahead.

Alyson said...

I love that book! I bought it just before I bought our first house, and it has affected the way I organize everything from when I move in to when I get a new appliance and have to shift things. And yet I know I'm only scratching the surface of organization. But! The insides of my cupboards and closets and drawers are more organized than the floors (littered with the previous day's school work) and the counters. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...