Thursday, November 13, 2008

Blogging My Brains Out

I'm giving this post this title because I'm feeling very bloggy today. Did you know that was an emotion? I'll think of something and the next thought will be, "Oh, maybe I'll blog about that." So, prepare yourself for an onslaught of posts from yours truly.

I went grocery shopping this morning. If you go down my sidebar, look for the Obsessive Shopper link. She is linked to a site called grocerysmarts.com. It took me, using her site last night, one hour to get my coupons all figured out for today. I want to thank Shauntell for making this available. Her link is to Utah stores, but Albertson's works no matter where; they all have the same deals.

I also want to thank Rebecca for getting me turned on to this new way of buying groceries for my brood. I can't believe how much I save week to week. I'm still so new to this, but it really makes it all into a game, so it's now fun to do. Today, I had the three people behind me in line, the cashier and the bag boy all cheering for me. It was so funny! I spent $63.71 and saved $158.26!!! I felt like a million bucks as I left.

I had two things I was particularly excited about buying today. One was the Dannon Frusion yogurt drinks. They weren't on sale, but I had some great coupons. There were also coupons on the bottles as I went to the shelf--buy two get one free, so I bought even more. I love the pineapple coconut ones and Z loves the peach. They are soooo yummy! I have also been wanting shrimp, so I bough a Bertolli's Shrimp Scampi and Linguine. The thing has TONS of calories. One serving is half a package. It ended up being a flippin' 12 points. I made it for lunch. Z doesn't even like shrimp. I tried to eat half a serving, but I just couldn't help myself. I went ahead and ate a serving. There goes half of my points for the day. Ugh! But, it was soooooo worth it!

From what I understand, Rebecca is doing a ward activity on the 21st to teach people her method for using coupons. She's amazing, and I highly recommend what she teaches. I mean, who can't afford to save a few bucks?

4 comments:

Darilyn said...

Can I come to the ward activity? I'm so excited that you saved all that money. Good job.

Hesses Madhouse said...

Of course!!! It'll be at Tonya's.

Tonya said...

I still haven't seen savings like yours, but I have seen big savings and for the first time in months we are under budget for groceries. Yee-haw! Thanks Rebecca!!!!

vaxhacker said...

Yeah, the number of times I've been in a situation and said, "I am so blogging this!"... come to think of it, there's probably an entry in the DSM IV for that, isn't there?

And yes, both my lovely wife and I are planning to be there on the 21st. Sounds like a very interesting thing to learn.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...