Friday, November 14, 2008

Expectations to Live Up To?

T's birthday was back on October 10th. As the day got closer we taught him, that when asked when his birthday was, to respond with "Friday." "October tenth" was just too much of a mouthful.


This morning as he joined us in our room (I was hiding under the covers, and I wish I had a picture of the face that greeted me when he found me there), we started asking him questions, "What's your name?...How old are you?...When's your birthday?" We hadn't asked that in a long time, and I had forgotten what his response would be. Of course, he answered, "Friday!"

Z chimed in with, "Well, that's today! Happy birthday!" Again, there was that face--the one from when he found me under the covers--pure JOY!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha!! That's funny! It's actually Hannah's birthday too then! : D The girl's 9 today...how in the world did that happen? Sigh.

Alyson said...

Oh my gosh that's too cute. :) Is he going to expect a cake now?

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...