Wednesday, November 12, 2008

To Blog or Not to Blog


Any of you who really know me know that I'm not the kind to put on a false front. I'm pretty much a face value kind of person. What you see is what you get. Sometimes I think this must embarass people who are around me, but I really don't have any idea of what appropriate is, so I think most people realize that and forgive me for it. Thank you! I wasn't raised by upper crust people, just simple folk who lived day by day and were happy doing so. So, there you have it.

I received some news the other day that threw me for a complete loop. I'm still reeling from it, and probably will continue to for a long, long time. I realized today that I either needed to mention it here, as it will probably affect the tone of a lot of my posts--not quite as upbeat as usual (at least I like to think that I'm usually upbeat), or I needed to stop blogging altogether until I can come to grips with this. I hate that thought, so I hope I don't chase you away with a bit of a changed attitude.

At this point, I'm not willing to share any of the details. I have seen friends go through some really hard things, and I've felt like I have kind of gone through unscathed--no majorly hard times for me. I have watched them bravely face and handle all that's come their way. I hate to admit it, but sometimes I've wondered if Heavenly Father thinks I'm too wimpy to handle hard things. I guess it's my turn to prove myself. I want Him to know that I can handle it, and that I can do it with a cheerful face. As you can tell by this post, I'm not all geared up with my cheerful face on yet, but I will get there. Just a few more prayers.

As I faced the possibility of this new trial in my life, I laid in bed one night praying to know who to talk to that would understand. It became very clear that my former mission companion was that person. It was amazing! I haven't been in touch with her since mission days and now can't even remember how we got back in touch with each other, but we've been blogging buddies for the past few months, and it's been amazing how similar our paths in life have been in all those years. I followed the prompting to talk to her, and it was miraculous! She knew my heart. Another tender mercy in my life. Thank you for being there for me, Alyson!

One of the good things I can see coming from this is that it's brought Z and I closer together. He is the one person who can hold me and tell me it's all going to be okay. I'm grateful for a good man in my life.

It has also been miraculous to see God's hand in all this. The timing of this is remarkable, and I look forward to sharing all these details in the future. Please be patient with me; I'm a work in progress.

11 comments:

Tonya said...

O.K. Julie, you're freaking me out a little bit here. Whatever you are going through, just know that I LOVE YOU and that I am here for you, whatever you need. I am just a phone call way or a short minutes drive...

Anonymous said...

I'm with Tonya...your already in my prayers. Love you!

Hesses Madhouse said...

Just to dispel any rumors. After reading back over what I've written, no I'm not dying (well, no more than anyone else; I think), and for those of you who know my family background, I don't have cancer. Whew! Now, that one we all know I'm way to wimpy to handle. This will all be very handle-able, just not yet.

vaxhacker said...

Nobody wants to hit the rough spots in life, but however trying or overwhelming it may seem to face difficult things, you have friends who care. You and Z will be in our thoughts and prayers.

And I value all the more those friends who don't feel compelled to put on false fronts but are just open and say what's on their minds. Don't knock yourself for being a good, genuine (and genuinely likable) person.

Jeannie said...

"Everything will be okay, your not alone, and everything will work out", thats what the little voice of Heavenly Father told me when I was having that tuff time I talked to you about. Keep praying, it will all work out. I now feel peace with that thing you helped me with, and so will you, when the time is right. Just know, I am a phone call away, even though you may get a voicemail( hey I have to learn at school =0), I will call you back.

Keep praying and reading your scriptures!

I love you tonnssss!!!!!

Darilyn said...

I think everyone has said what I was thinking so i'll just say ditto.

Court and Britt said...

Hello, I hope that you don't mind a stranger commenting on your blog. I saw your link on Mormon Moms Who blog and the title of this post caught my eye! You sound like a pretty tough person to me!! I think it takes a lot of courage sometimes to just come out and say that something is wrong. I have recently gone through some pretty life changing experiences, when this things first happened I really didn't think that my life would EVER be the same, time does heal in away though, things are MUCH better now then when this orginally happened. Sometimes we just need an adjustment period to let our trials really soak in and then figure out how we are going to deal with them! This quote has come to my mind a lot recently, "When the going get's tough, the tough get going." I'm sure that you have heard that MANY times before, but I think that it really applies. We weren't sent to earth to have our life be easy, it is a test, and when we are being tested we need to show Heavenly Father that we are ready and willing to step up to the plate! Best of luck to you, I hope that whatever this trial is in your life, that you will beable to have the spirit with you at all times and be able to get through it quickly!!

(Sorry that was such a LONG comment:)

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

I am glad you are not dying or have the C word. I am sorry you are dealing with a trial that obviously seems huge to you right now. If Z isn't around to hug you and tell you it will be OK, I would be happy to give it a try. I adore you and am one of your biggest fans.
Love, Megan

Rachel said...

I just love that you are you and I never have to wonder where things stand with you-- that's a great quality in a friend. Whatever the trial-- you have lots of friends and other people who adore you as I do and are ready and willing to help.
HUGS!

Alyson said...

I am happy to be there for you, whenever. *hugs you*

I like your ending—that you are a work in progress. :) Yes, I think that's probably the case with all of us, but it's such an optimistic way to put it.

Emilie said...

Julie, I'm glad it isn't anything as serious as cancer. I was a little worried when I first read your post! I'm thinking of you. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...