Saturday, March 19, 2011

Creating Spring

Yesterday I volunteered at the elementary school.  I walked into #5's class and found the usual note waiting for me.  Typically, this note will say that I need to read with children A, B, and C, but yesterday, it said, "Please put the flowers on the wall in the hallway.  The flowers are on the shelves behind you."  I turned to find some HUGE watercolored flowers.  I was told that I should go find the school's step ladder, so I went, searched it out and came back to the stapler and flowers.

Here's how it ended up:




If you don't live in the Pacific Northwest, you must understand that this time of year is grey and rainy.  Yesterday was no different.  As I put these flowers up, it just made my heart happy.  The kids'd come to the doorway and peek out and oooh and aaahh about their flowers.  It just felt like I was in on something beautiful.  It felt great to create a little piece of spring.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are very cute.. and what a great idea! i am ready for Spring, too... we might make some flowers to put on our walls in our house today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...