Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Other Addiction

The Warden has gotten so he'll say, "Sistah," whenever the situation lends itself to it.  Every time he does it, I crack up.  Just can't help it.

Today, we were in the car with the Warden's mother when he came out with another "Sistah."  I started laughing, and she knew she was completely out of the loop.  She wanted to know just what was going on that she didn't understand.

The Warden started to explain my great love for this show we've been watching on Netflix.  It's Dog the Bounty Hunter.  Years ago, on one of our six month get-aways, we were channel surfing and came across this show.  If you haven't seen it, it's about a guy named Dwayne Chapman, a.k.a. Dog.  He runs a bail bond company in Hawaii.  On the show, he and his sons, daughter and wife go after these people who owe them money, those who have failed to appear, etc.

It's pretty intense, but they always get their guy (or girl, whichever the case may be).

My mother by marriage commented on how this just didn't seem like my kind of show.  You see, she thinks I'm Mary Poppins, a.k.a. Molly Mormon (first impressions die hard--even after more than nineteen years).  But, to be honest, this really isn't my type of show, but I LOVE it.  I've faced the fact that it's because of the adrenaline rush they go through on a daily basis.  I guess I'm a little jealous of that.  I'd love to hang out with Dog's wife Beth.  She's so opposite me that I think it'd be a very fun experience.  I'd love to have her call me "Sistah."

So, one more confession, last Saturday night, when we were working in the temple cafeteria, there were a number of times when I couldn't wait to get back to the hotel room so I could catch the next episode of Dog.  Oh m'gosh!  That's TERRIBLE!


Well, I got my mother by marriage turned onto Dog.  She's sitting watching the first episode right now.  I'm curious to see what she'll think about it.  Good times, Sistah!

8 comments:

vaxhacker said...

Well, as hidden vices go, being a closet Dog watcher is not so bad :)

And if it challenges someone's notion of you as a Molly Mormon, even better!

vaxhacker said...

Um, no, wait, I mean to say... I am shocked. My entire image of you is shattered now.

Hesses Madhouse said...

HaHaHa! If your image of me wasn't shattered before this, Steve, we need to talk.

vaxhacker said...

Then I'll claim it wasn't, so we'll have an excuse to talk. :)

Alyson said...

I've never seen Dog, sistah, but (in addition to the adrenaline rush, isn't it sort of refreshing to watch, week after week, people being brought to some kind of justice? Man, I think that would keep me coming back, too.

Nonna said...

LOL ! You go girl!!!
I have been watching a new show called "Nikita" and I watched another version/show with the same character a few years ago, "Le Fem Nikita" both based on the French movie. When I tell people I'm a fan, they give me a funny look 'cause it doesn't match my persona or life. I love shows that have strong women outsmarting everyone and getting out of impossible situations, while looking gorgeous no matter what... And I don't care who knows !!!

Anonymous said...

i've never seen that show.. but now i am curious :)
and
i might not be as cool that that Beth person on the show... but i'll call you my Sistah! :)

hahaa!!

Unknown said...

Must admit, I am a little surprised. And maybe a little concerned. hee hee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...