Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Woman of Noble Character ~ Week 1



Found this on a blog I just ran across the other day and decided it was a worthwhile endeavor.  I'm a few weeks behind, so this may end up being a semi-weekly post kind of thing until I catch up.  For today, here's week 1.

Looked up Proverbs 31 and pushed "images" this is what I got.  Pretty, huh?
Week 1: Proverbs 31:10-12 Are you a virtuous and capable wife more precious than rubies? Does your husband trust you, and do you enrich his life? Do you bring him good everyday? Write a post about something you would like to change about yourself, and something you love about yourself. How does this add to the enrichment of your husband's life?

Wow!  Why is this so tough for me?  Yes, I believe I am a virtuous woman.  Capable wife?  More precious than rubies?  Okay.  I'll take it.

Yes, I believe my husband trusts me.  Do I enrich his life?  Hmm.  That's where it's tough.  I try to, but not consciously.  I don't wake up every morning thinking, "How can I enrich my husband's life today," but maybe I should.

I think I bring him good.  We have a fairly peaceful life together.

What would I change about myself?  Oh wow!  Where does one begin?  Lately, I wish I was more organized.  I know when I am, I feel better about myself and am more able to get things done.  So, yes, that's what I'd change.

What do I like about myself?  I like that I can laugh at life and find lessons in things around me.  I like that I continually try to better myself.

This adds enrichment to my husband's life in that I work to make our household better too.

To be honest, I think all he wants is that I be happy.  He continually tries to do things to bring me joy.  He's a great man!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Just found your blog through my friend Julie. I'm going to take that challenge, so I look forward to the weekly challenges you'll help me catch up on!

Unknown said...

What a precious gem you are. I understand about the organization. I am also happier and more content when I am organized. I'm sure your husband would say your enrich his life so very much.

Thank you for joining the challenge. It has been a joy hosting this, and I look forward to your posts.

Michelle H said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! This sounds like a really interesting challenge-good luck!

Crazymamaof6 said...

Wow this would be way hard for me to do. Way to go for participating.

Nonna said...

A very good post ! I just posted an excerpt from Proverbs 31 on my blog yesterday...great minds think alike...*WINK*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...