Monday, March 7, 2011

A Sweet Experience

Being computer-less was very interesting.  At one point today, I had all the dishes done AND all the laundry done.  And...it was before the kids got home from school.  I was so on top of it all!  Yippeeee!!!

I did, though, as I studied for my class, make notes about what I wanted to blog about tonight.  Funny, huh?

I wanted to share a sweet experience I had yesterday (Sunday).  #3 and I went to visit a family that just had a new baby.  They are wonderful people.  While the Warden was making Sunday dinner (one of the many reasons why I love Sundays), we had a few minutes, so we went over to deliver a gift. 

They have a little boy who is #7's age.  He has some special needs.  At least that's what I understand; although, I'm not exactly sure what those needs are.  The only thing I know is that while I was there, he filled my needs.  He climbed onto my lap, looked into my eyes, put his arms around my neck and laid his head on my shoulder.  He was just the cutest thing ever, and I could have sat there holding him for the rest of the evening if everyone would have let me.  He'd sit up every so often, look in my face, and lay his head down again.

I felt like he was somehow saying, I'm so glad you're you.  When it was time to go, they offered to take him away, but he wouldn't go.  I am grateful for one special little boy with an amazing amount of love to give, and I'm grateful that he was willing to give it to me.

After the tough weekend, he was a very tender mercy. 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...