Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Day

For the next month and five days, the Warden and I will be the same age.  Happy birthday, Warden!  I love you.

We happened to catch the Warden at the perfect time today, so #s 6 and 7 and I went and got him a Subway sandwich and even got to have lunch with him.  It was a nice day.

In the car, #7, sitting directly behind me, started singing.  It went a little something like this..."Happy day....Happy day...."  She continued singing on and on, but I could only understand these words.  I realized that what she was singing was "Happy Birthday to You."  I didn't even know she knew that song.

So far, she knows Itsy Bitsy Spider, the Wheels on the Bus, and now the Happy Birthday song.  You only know the first two because you can see what resembles the spider going up and the wheels going 'round.

Wow!  She's growing up so fast!

#7 is out of school now until the week after spring break.  Tomorrow's library day for the three of us, as is every Wednesday, but now I need to fill a few more days with some entertaining things for him.  It'll be nice to have him around.  It'll be a change from the normal studying routine, but I'm sure that'll be made up some time else.  Thank goodness some of the libraries around here are open until 9pm.

Finals start for #s 1 and 2 tomorrow.  Friday is no school.  I don't have to get up and take #1 to school at 6:30am any more.  Phew!  We survived the term.  She, now that her weightlifting class is over, was telling me how many pounds she could lift.  I told her that she could lift me.  She took that as a challenge and stood there in the hallway, she and #3, taking turns lifting me off the ground.  Sad thing is, I can't lift them.  I guess I had my turn.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...