Thursday, March 17, 2011

Oh Man! Stinky!

I am not one to have a sensitive nose, but WOW!

Last week was the Warden's birthday.  I bought him some new pillows.  I don't know when the last time was that he had new ones.  He loves his old pillows.  I mean really loves them.  He brags about how wonderful they are.  We, #1 and I, tell him that they're rocks.  Well, one of them got a hole in it, so it's spitting out feathers all over the place.  So, time for a replacement, wouldn't you say?


When I bought these, I thought I was buying such a thoughtful gift--something he needed and sure to be as good as, if not better than, the pillows he adores.  He got them out of the package and PHEW!!!  Just one whiff, and I had a headache.  NASTY!

We took them out and thought we'd air them for awhile and see if they did any better.  After three days, they may have been a wee bit better but really not much.

I finally went to Ikea and found the perfect pillow for him.  It must have been comical for the people walking around me to see me squeezing and sniffing all the pillows in the store.  I'm very happy with my purchase now, and these stinkers are going to be returned.

Here's stink #2.   Man, my house is full of stink right now!

The other day, there was a call to my cell phone from the Warden's cell phone.  I'm glad I didn't answer it in some crazy way because it was the Warden's vice principal calling to talk to me.

He said he noticed that the Warden's knee was having some pretty bad troubles.  True.  It has been.  He instructed me to go get some Tiger Balm at Rite Aid, so we did.  And MAN!!!  STINK!!!



But, the Warden claims that his knee does feel better, so I guess I'm going to have to live with this one for awhile.  Better get used to it.  The things that don't kill us only make us stronger (or something like that), right?  Oh, I'm going to be so strong by the time we're done with this stink.  Pile a few more blankets on the bed cuz I'm sleeping with the windows open from here on out.

I'm just imagining the pillows and the tiger balm in the same room.  Ugh!  So glad the pillows aren't staying.

2 comments:

Darilyn said...

That's funny, I don't think Tiger Balm stinks at all. We've been using it for years.

Belle said...

Love the story about the pillows! I am glad to hear about Tiger Balm. My daughter has trouble with her knees and I will tell her about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...