Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Lunch List


I know I had a bunch of people were wanting to see the list my children use when making their school lunches. so here it is. 

All I did was take the food pyramid and break it down into what we have in our pantry and fridge that fit those categories.  I make sure these items make my grocery list each week.  I also add things from time to time depending on what I have coupons for.

I put it in a page protector and taped it (beautifully, as you can see) to the inside of the cupboard.  In the past, when I've had little ones who can't read, I've read it off for them until I got smarter and created a list with words as well as pictures. 

2 comments:

Deena said...

I love this idea! I wish I'd have thought of something like this when my children were younger!

I also have to tell you that I chuckled when I read "Whatever you can find" under the "Dessert" category! That sounds so much like something I would write on such a list!

Julia Shinkle said...

I like this idea my kids love lists...they are visual like me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...