Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Unexpected Visitor

A woman came by the house yesterday from the neighborhood with a flyer about a stranger danger situation about fifteen blocks away from here.  She was the nicest lady.  I had never seen her before.  She said she lives just down the street.  She gave me her "last flyer," so I offered to make copies for her.  She accepted and asked for five copies.  We invited her in while she waited.

While the copier was working, she got an eye-full of just what the madhouse was all about.  It was nearly dinner time, so you can imagine just what was going on--the craziest time of day.

She was, from what I could judge by her face, thoroughly enjoying it as I introduced her to the older kids as they trooped in with a friend from track practice.  The younger kids were all running around tidying up before dad got home and setting the table for dinner.  Needless to say, things were buzzing.

As she left, Sharon shook my hand, smiled and said, "I've seen you in the neighborhood, and I'm so envious of you.  I have grandkids that are getting married this summer."

Just made me think, you never know who's watching you.

I think Sharon'll be back.

3 comments:

Kati said...

What a nice, genuine compliment.

Hesses Madhouse said...

It was a total surprise. Living in and amongst the daily chaos, I always wonder what people would think if they stepped into my house at any random moment, and I cringe. This lady was so nice!

Jen said...

Sometimes we need those little words of praise to remind us that we're doing all right. You sound like you have a wonderful family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...